GET YOUR HANDWRITING ANALYSED

If you wanna kno something interesting about yourself, send me a sample of your handwriting (a page at least) and allow me to tell you what I see-as in, pieces of your personality maybe.



06 May 2010

CHAAT - THE WAY MUM MAKES IT



I scratched my head and wondered what I should make today. According to me, anything enjoyably eatable is worth making. My Mum of course does not agree with me (which is not unusual). She believes anything "healthy" but not necessarily tasty is worth eating. I asked Mum before she left how I'd make chaat and she ranted away the instructions. It's easy, really. If I can do it, anyone can. The only tricky and time consuming part is the cooking of the chana and the green peas.

Step 1 - Preparing the green peas and chana masala - Both have to be soaked in water for a night and cooked in a pressure cooker. There's this one difference though - for chana, after the first whistle you have to continue cooking it over a low flame for another 20mins, while for the green peas you've got to wait for the 2nd whistle before you decide to turn off the flame. That's the only tricky part.

Step 2 - Next, prepare the masala for the chana and green peas. Cook sliced onions and garlic in a little oil, add the four main powders - red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.Then add the chana and green peas and pour in a little boiled water and allow it to cook for awhile.

Step 3 - While that is being cooked over the stove, cut a few tomatoes, onion and coriander leaves. Squeeze some lemon over the veggy mix and add salt to taste. Take some yummy curd and add lots of sugar to make it more yummy.

Step 4 - Now all you have to do is set the dish. Take out the dish in which you mean to serve the chaat and put in the cooked green peas and chana. Sprinkle a little aloo bhujia and tiny poori pieces over it and the mixed vegetables over it. Around the entire prepared chaat pour the sweetened curd. You could add a little sweetened tamarind juice too.

No comments: